The unique aspect of this tryout is that players try out for one or more of the following at the same time.
Top players from the ACSD, will be invited to the prestigious “Top 100” Showcase Jamboree at Reno Aces Stadium in September!
NTIS - the National Team Identification Series for USA Baseball
Area Code Showdown – the actual Showdown
USA Baseball Northern California Representative covering ACSD
Arizona Fall Classic Teams
BAWS identification as ACSD and BAWS are partner
Area Code Tryout Personal Bids – we will look for players who need to be at the Area Code tryouts, which is the premier showcase event all year!
Registration and Event Fee
The cost to tryout is $25. The cost for Area Code Showdown is $225, for those selected, the $25 from the tryout will be applied to the total cost, bringing it down to $200.
Channing Nesbitt (Bishop O’Dowd – Washington), Dylan Hecht (Foothill – UC Santa Barbara), Brett Barbier (San Ramon – Cal Poly), Anthony Villa (San Ramon – St. Mary’s), Dan Gallagher (Monte Vista – UC Davis), Sawyer Gieseke (Las Lomas – USF), Jason Seever (Castro Valley – Santa Clara), Jesse Lewis (Alameda – UC San Diego), Daniel Jackson (Amador Valley – Long Beach St), Michael Echavia (Amador Valley – Univ of Hawaii), Luke Huerta (Castro Valley – Santa Clara), Justin Flatt (DeLa Salle – UC San Diego), Vince Fernandez (Granada – UC Riverside), Ray Bartolomucci (DeLa Salle – Valparaiso), Marcus Williams (Bishop O’Dowd – Cal St East Bay), Lucas Halstead (Monte Vista – UOP), Andres Sebek (Berkeley – Cal Poly), Cameron Cotton (Athenian – Cal Poly), Dom Miroglio (Bishop O’Dowd – UCLA), John Tierney (Bishop O’Dowd – Cal St East Bay), Austin Dondanville (DeLa Salle – Cal Poly), Jamey Smart (Athenian – LMU), Austin Piscotty (Amador Valley – St Mary’s), Jeremiah Moore (VC Roseville – Sac St), Zach Wallace (DeLa Salle – UCSD), Cameron Santos (California – Chico St), Blaine Jarvis (Las Lomas – Cal Poly), Ryan Freitas (DeLa Salle – Seattle Univ), Blake Billinger (St Francis – Florida International), Weston Hatten (Clovis West – Washington St), and Caleb Van Blake (Benicia – UC Davis).
- Area Code Showdown scouts will gather lists of the top players in the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 grad years.
- Area Code Showdown prospects will receive an invitation to the Showdown Tryouts – 3/23, 4/27, 5/4, 5/10 or 5/18 (check back here for details).
- Prospects must attend one of the ACSD tryouts – video the video from 2013, then register to tryout.
- 2014 Area Code Showdown rosters will be posted online.
- The 2014 ACSD will be a two-day tourney event to crown a winner!
- The third day will be a recruiter’s dream- MINI SHOWCASE and also THE ACSD ALL STAR GAME at each level!